On September 15, 2013 the City of San Francisco and Bay Area cities issued notices to all wood frame buildings containing five or more dwelling units, two or more stories, and permitted for construction prior to January 1978.
Even if you don’t own a five unit building, retrofitting is critical to your safety and that of your neighbors. And don’t be fooled by that lovely stucco exterior, it’s stucco on the outside, wood frame on the inside. B2d has the expertise you need to retrofit your building.
Aging in Place, translates to Living in Place. Barnum Building & Design can help you plan and integrate products and building design that add style, ease, comfort, safety and value to your home.
- Thoughtful Thresholds A zero threshold is ideal for wheelchair use, and works wonders for strollers, moving day, and provides an elegant, easy design. Smooth and flawless flooring sets the stage for comfortable movement from room to room.
- Handy Hardware Some design solutions may be as easy as changing faucet handles, door and cabinet knobs to levers. A sleek aesthetic can be as functional as it is desirable.
- Sensory Splash Light and plumbing sensors not only create energy and water efficiency, but convenience, too. Dirty hands won’t end up on switches when faucets and fixtures can be turned on via sensors or a simple tap from an elbow or forearm.
- Sliding + Swinging Solutions Sliding doors, as beautiful as they are clever, give the flexibility of an open or divided space. Sliding roll outs and shelf dividers create easy accessibility and allow better, more efficient use of hard to reach places. Salvaged barn doors with painted or stained finish and hung with industrial railings and hardware add unique depth, texture, and interest to functional wall decor.
- Clean + Curbless The curbless shower or wet room has never been more popular in bathroom design. The clean look of eliminating the shower curb allows users to walk or roll right in. Add that desirable built-in bench for leg shaving, extra support with a spa luxe feel.
- Light Your Way Interior: Lighting with layers of ambient, natural, accent, and task lighting give a functional and versatile vibe related to your space. Depending on your task or mood, appropriate lighting can illuminate your every need. Exterior: Lighting and design enhances the curb appeal of your home. Plan an artfully illuminated path leading the way through your garden or welcoming guests to your front door.